20/02/2017

"Alternative news" from Sweden

My very busy half-year is (hopefully) soon coming to an end: in October my mother (97) moved to a so called service apartment.

"Down-sizing", anyone?
I have been carting things here and there, to her new place and to me (and some to second-hand and the dump, too). But now I can see the end of all this – her old apartment is going on the market in a couple of weeks. (After I have taken one last load down here... - faamous lsat words?)

Last week I came home with a well-travelled suitcase, containing a jacket, an experimental moebius scarf (made by me) and some small yardage pieces (woven by her) – also some glass pieces for our growing museum, and some for re-homing.

(I really like how the back of the hood came out!)

Also, plans start to emerge for the Event of the Year: VÄV2017, this time at a place near me.

Oh yes – what happened in Bergdala, Sweden last Friday: grey/rainy weather with icy roads, the snowdrops got visible again after the rain, the assiettes got re-homed and the service workshop ordered a new part for my new computer. Even if the wind sometimes was hard, there were no earth-shaking events (but the aspen across the lane still looks like it will fall with the smallest gust of wind).


So there!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad to see you back at your blog. Best wishes for downsizing. I like the hood too! And we also have snowdrops blooming.

Laura Fry said...

Hoping that your mother is soon comfortable in her new location. And I'm really excited that we will be coming for VaV! :D Started looking at flights late last night. Time to dig out the calendar and start planning?

Anonymous said...

I do like the cape/ coat. The hood is awesome. Someone broke their left hand/wrist badly